Depression is a complicated diagnosis but far more common than one may believe. In an interview with Dr. Datis Kharrazian, DHSc, DC, MNeuroSc Underground Wellness founder Sean Croxton delves into the mystery behind this often overlooked disorder.
A few facts:
- All neurological diseases start with depression.
- There are several different kinds of depression.
- Brain trauma can present years later as depression.
- Gut inflammation can lead to depression.
- You don’t have to look like the above photo to have depression.
- There’s a 1 in 5 chance that you will suffer from mental illness in your lifetime.
- Mental illness doesn’t look like physical illness.
- Depression isn’t all the same.
- Depression doesn’t always require anti-depressants.